Tell a Friends

Tell a Friend

Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

UR DAY reaLLy bad?

I was feeling boxed in,

And had to get out;

My day was so bad,

I wanted to shout.

The kids were misbehaving,

The cat pooped on the floor;

My spouse was inattentive,

And the cops were at my door.

They said I had to find,

A way to shush the dog;

The neighbors were complaining,

Saying, I should own a frog.

Just then, the phone rang;

And in my heart I knew;

Twas yet another bill collector,

Trying to get his due.

My in-laws were coming for dinner,

And I had burned the meal;

Another reason for them to think,

That I was less than ideal.

The TV cable went out again;

The toilet overflowed;

The basement flooded

'Cause the pump was shot;

The floors all warped and bowed.

Just then the freezer quit,

Spoiling all the food;

And the headache that I got

Did nothing to help my mood.

I went out for a movie,

Just to get away;

But the show was sold out;

Adding more to my lousy day.

I drove over to the local pub,

To get myself a drink;

But when it slipped

And spilled into my lap,

I knew I had to re-think.

I decided it might be best,

If I just go on home;

But when I got there,

What a surprise;

My kids were not alone.

The house was in shambles,

The kids tried to make amends;

They'd thrown a party

While I was gone, And invited all their friends.

I couldn't face anymore today,

So I went online instead;

But when I got that familiar boot,

I decided to go to bed !

So if you think your day is bad;

Remember these words, my friend;

Someone else may have it worse;

So it's not so bad in the end!

Have a great day!!

- LoveNismi (Ansh Rav)

0 comments: